After a month of lockdown, the next steps of reopening will begin on Monday April 12, here’s what you need to know.
A gov statement said ‘From we will remove restrictions on tradespeople entering occupied properties. Indoor construction work on houses – for example painting and decorating, the installation of bathrooms and kitchens – can recommence, with social distancing and face coverings.’
Other businesses able to return to work from Monday include:
- Estate agents and surveyors will be able to enter people’s homes, with social distancing and face coverings
- Restrictions around viewings for vacant unoccupied properties will also be removed from Monday
- Hardware stores can also reopen, with social distancing in place and face coverings strongly recommended. Some retailers may insist on face coverings – this is a matter for them
- Pet Groomers will be able to accept animals on a drop-off and collection basis.
- All outdoor leisure venues can reopen. But the rules on outdoor gatherings still apply. No more than 10 people can gather together and there must be social distancing in place, preferably with face coverings.
- Children’s play areas can also reopen from Monday
The gov statement added: ‘It is difficult but please make every effort to keep children from different households separated when in play areas. We still need to be cautious as we exit this lockdown.’