The Isle of Man’s FA is looking for two new managers to prepare the men’s and women’s representative sides for the Island Games, which is due to take place in Guernsey in 2023.
The skills and values the IOMFA is looking for include:
• an extensive knowledge of men’s/women’s football in the Isle of Man
• a management and coaching team prepared to be role models, on and off the pitch
• the ability to inspire players and encourage them to uphold the values and honour associated with representing an island team
• up-to-date safeguarding qualifications (managers and coaches) and a minimum of FA Level 1 in coaching (or Introduction to Coaching Football as it is now known)
• willingness to work with the media, on and off the island, to maximise potential coverage
It would also be advantageous for the applicant to have an established network of contacts across the game, on and off the island, to arrange friendlies.
Should any prospective candidates wish to take on the role alongside ongoing involvement with a club side in the island, the IOMFA would not consider this a conflict of interests. The minimum proposed term of the roles will be until the completion of the Island Games in 2023.
Both managers would be required to work with the IOMFA Board and the Island Representative Committee to help develop and grow the game in the island. In addition, the men’s representative team manager would need to adapt previous selection and training practices to reflect the activities of FC Isle of Man.
All applications should be sent, with a covering letter, to Kevan Maitland – firstname.lastname@example.org – by Friday 3rd September 2021. Potential applicants will be shortlisted and invited to attend an interview and presentation at IOM HQ at The Bowl.