In a short statement this morning Manx Care has that Reayrt-ny-Baie is extending its visitor restrictions for another two weeks.
Last month a gov spokesman confirmed the deaths of three residents of Reayrt-ny-Baie from Covid-19 after an outbreak of the virus at the home.
The island’s health and social care provider said this move is ‘in line with other Manx Care residential homes’ and is a continuation of the restrictions which were put in place last week.
A phased reopening of the home began on August 31, which saw it welcome visitors with some restrictions being applied.
Those restrictions are:
- Visiting will be allowed, but all visits must be pre-arranged with the management team of each home.
- Visiting times will be strictly between the following times: 11:00am to 12:00pm, 2:00pm to 3:00pm, 3:00pm to 4:00pm
- Visiting will be restricted to one person at any time, and following Infection Prevention and Control clinical advice, will be for 15 minutes.
- All visitors will be asked to carry out a Lateral Flow Test (LFT) at each home prior to the visit, and they will be required to comply with PPE and hand hygiene guidance on arrival and throughout the visit.
- In addition Manx Care is strongly recommending that during this 7 day period residents do not leave the care home for visits with family/friends, with the exception of urgent or emergency medical treatments.
A review on the restrictions is due to be held on September 14.