All Safe After Flat Fire

Earlier this afternoon crews from Douglas Fire Station were mobilised by the Emergency Services Joint Control Room to reports of smoke issuing from a property on Demesne Road

The fire service said: ‘On arrival the Incident Commander committed one Breathing Apparatus team into the property where they gained access into a flat and extinguished a small fire using a hose reel. Another Breathing Apparatus team were committed to check the rest of the building. Thankfully all persons were out of the building, which again shows the importance of having working smoke alarms.

‘Minimal smoke logging was confined to the immediate area and crews vented the area using a fan. Crews were in attendance for approximately 1 hour and we would like to thank our colleagues from the Emergency Services Joint Control Room and Police for their assistance with this incident.’