A contingency bus timetable will come into operation tomorrow, Friday June 17.
This revised timetable will operate Monday to Saturday. The Sunday schedule will remain as per the current timetable.
The gov says the contingency timetable is ‘likely to run until the schools break up for summer holidays which will give Bus Vannin time to finalise additional recruitment and training, as well as see a return to work for some staff’.
It added: ‘Due to high levels of sickness, including COVID-19 and other issues, and ongoing recruitment challenges affected by the wider UK driver shortage, Bus Vannin have had to make the decision to reduce the frequency of some services in order to preserve a reliable network.’
Contingency timetables are now available to view on www.bus.im or by calling 662525 with printed booklets aimed to be available from the Welcome Centre at the Sea Terminal in Douglas, Ramsey or Port Erin bus station by the end of next week.
- All school services remain as timetabled
Douglas – South: Numbers: 1, 2 & 11
- Services to be reduced to a 20 minute frequency from 15 minutes
Douglas – Laxey and Ramsey: Number: 3
- No major changes to the frequency in the day
Douglas – Peel and Ramsey: Numbers: 5 & 6
- Services to be reduced to a 30 minute frequency from 20 minutes
- The Express Buses will continue to operate
Internal Douglas/Onchan Buses Numbers 13, 21, 22 & 25
- 13 (Douglas-Onchan-Groudle) Will not operate as part of the contingency timetable, customer who rely on this service should now use the Manx Electric Railway, where bus tickets/payments will be accepted between Groudle and Douglas
- 21 services will become an hourly service, however extras will be put on over the peaks commuter times
- The 22 and 25 services (serving Willaston, Hailwood Avenue and Birch Hill) will operate as normal
Foxdale Numbers 4 & 14
- Will be unaffected
North of Ramsey Services and Maughold
- connectVILLAGES will remain in operation Mon- Fri 08:40-19:00 with Saturdays and school holidays 06:30-19:00
- The remaining 16, 17, 18, 19 & 20 services will not change
Summer Schedule and Night Owl Services: Numbers 4R, 8R, & 28
- Various routes covering the Sound via Cregneash, the Sloc, Niarbyl and Ballamodha will not operate as part of the contingency timetable
- Night Owl Services will continue as per current timetable.