Transport
Main Road to Close for Six Weeks
Earlier this week the DoI said the road will shut next week for up to four nights
The DoI has announced a second rung of closure for the New Castletown Road, only this one will be for six weeks.
Earlier this week the DoI said the road will shut next week for up to four nights from 6.30pm to midnight to allow for drainage maintenance works.
Now, the gov says that it will be closing the southern arterial route from Fort North to the bottom of Richmond Hill for six weeks, with traffic diverted on the access road to the incinerator.
A temporary 30mph speed limit will also be in operation on the entirety of Richmond Hill during these works due to the temporary traffic layout at the bottom of the hill.
The surface replacement works will also see buses diverted on that road, while residents living on the hill will still be able to access their homes.
Works get underway on September 11 and are scheduled to last until no later than Friday October 27.


You must be logged in to post a comment.